Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Sullivan's Ireland

My last time in Ireland we drove past many mass graves from An Gorta Mor, The Great Hunger. While there I dreamed we were driving past two women on the roadside who were weeping. I told the driver to stop but he didn't. I said, “But, they’re Irish women.”

In the same dream I had entered some property to relax and enjoy the scenery by a beautiful lake. Two men, one the son, the other the father, and with airs of self-importance and superiority, announced it was THEIR land and I should remove myself. When a young man, my favorite fight move was always a headlock, so I sprung one on him, twisted his neck, and killed him. I then had to do the same with his father.

I always interpreted that dream as both of the men being the spirits of self-righteous planters, those who were given Irish land taken from the those who rightfully owned it.

The old women? I believe they were spirits of the famine who continue to suffer unimagineable grief, still bound to the land, and not yet having moved on. I pray for their souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment